How long, Oh Lord, will you let your praise be given to another?
I've only been on a couple of trips outside of our city. The first trip we took was to a holy city (our second week in country). My emotion that day can only be described as fearful. From the moment I walked of the train and had my water bottle stolen from me, I was fearful. When the man dressed in all orange, covered in paint tried to put a snake around me...there was fear. Would I have to use a squatty potty? Was the food safe to eat? Fear, fear, fear..
So going into this trip, reflecting back to our past trip, I just began to claim that I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. How great is our Father's faithfulness! I realize how much the Father is doing in my own life on this little journey.
This trip was full of love. Love for the lost. Love for the brothers we were able to visit. Love for the Father. My true Father.
I was also filled with hope. Hope for the future. Hope that one day, instead of worshipping the created, that a crowd too great to count from this nation, tribe, people, and language will shout with a mighty shout to the Creator!
There is no one like our God! Greater things will be done in this city!
Amberley, I love reading your blog and rejoice in the experience that you and Joe are having.
ReplyDeleteI might offer another perspective on the Hindu's worship of the water of the Ganges.
When they "worship" the water they are worshipping God the creator. They thank God for the life giving and life sustaining gift that has been given to them by the Creator. When they see the Ganges they see a loving Creator in action on a daily basis. What a wonderful way to see the world.
I miss you guys more than I can express. With all my love. DadF