Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!


(My new Christmas ornament from the VanHorn's! I love it)
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... at the Futterer's house!


(This is the canvas that Bethany helped me paint before coming to South Asia)
 We have really made an effort to have a weekly date night. It might sound a little crazy to prioritize this considering that we are together practically 24/7 with our jobs, but it has been one of the best things for our marriage. We usually spend our date trying out a new place to eat, cocoberry, or a movie. And every date consists of no internet or cell phones...just debriefing the previous week and looking to the future.


(Our Christmas tree this year... thanks to the Pal's)
 This last week our date was spent listening to Christmas music and decorating our house for the Holiday season. It took a total of 45 minutes start to finish. That includes getting the decorations out of the closet and putting up our Thanksgiving decor. Needless to say, it's a big change from our previous years of decorating.


(Our Christmas tree from last year)
 Even though I miss my beautiful tree, all my other decorations, black Friday, and tacky sweater Christmas parties.... I am still enjoying the life of simplicity. I'm enjoying the new traditions we are making together. And enjoying the complete focus on the real meaning of Christmas. Our Savior's birth!

2 comments:

  1. I like your cute tree ;) That canvas painting is awesome too! I miss Black Friday too :) I think that's my fave holiday :) haha!

    Hope it's the best Christmas ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ams-this post is filled with such wonderful things. I am blessed by it. I am changelled to live a simple life even when the world around us is demanding more glitz and more, more, more. Thank you for being such a special example. Love you!

    ReplyDelete