Monday, December 14, 2009

What a mess!


The doorbell rang....guess what that means??!!! a package. (hopefully, not the little boy who picks up our trash everyday, and asks for money every day)
It must be the holiday season because we were greeted with 3 packages from our postman. As he was pulling them from his sack, Joe and I began to notice the rope holding two boxes together, and a dark something all over them.
We were super excited because two of them had been stuck in Indonesia for a month. Who knows why they were hanging out there for so long....
We hurried to clean the coffee table off and get the packages where we could open them. After locating the knife, Joe started to open the first package. It was the most damaged from the outside. As Joe was opening the box he said "I think BBQ sauce busted in this box."
I said,"BBQ sauce? I don't think we asked for that....hum?!"
We quickly discovered that the stick mess was leaking out onto our coffee table. We kept going... "What is that?"
We discovered pretty quickly that a jar of molasses had shattered, covering the entire contents of that box and half of the next box... It was quite the mess. But I'm super excited to announce that we saved everything. Including the photos and fall leaves that were sent!

So, no gingerbread cookies this year. I'll just get creative and use my gingerbread cookie cutter with something else this year.

Thank you so much for remembering us during this holiday season. Thanks to your overwhelming love and generosity we have personalized stockings, starbucks coffee, and yummy treats this Christmas!
Merry Christmas

3 comments: