Katy then began quizzing our sweet nephew... "Owen, what does Rachel Ray do?"
Owen says "cook"
Katy asks, "Owen, who else likes to cook?"
Owen replys, "Ams" (that's me in case you were confused!)
Katy asks, "What does Ams like to cook?"
Owen grins while saying, "cookies!!!!"
*you must check out that boys adorable chef costume for Halloween! (All About Owen)
Auntie Ams was is the kitchen again tonight. Cookies? Nope! Not this time... Tonight's feature was Chicken Pot Pie.
I had a good friend come over and help me cook. I asked her if she was up for an American meal. She's such a trooper! She loved helping me in the kitchen. We even successfully used a pressure cooker for the first time. (I'm definitely going to be using that thing more now that I can cook chicken in 10 minutes instead of 30)
I was a little worried that she might not think it was spicy enough. So I made sure to put a little pack of Domino's chili flakes at her place setting.
She loved the prep work/cooking and the food. She didn't even add the chili flakes I provided.
I call tonight a cooking success!
Haha! I like that story-he's a funny kid. Isn't technology the best? It's been so fun to get to talk to ya'll. Today, my phone rang (it was Emily) and Owen immediately said, "Joe Joe...Ams. Have it (like 'give me the phone, Mom')." Anyway, he sure does love talking to you guys!
ReplyDeletehaha! fun :) I made chicken pot pie last night too :) Fun: )
ReplyDeleteLook at you girl! You are becoming such a pro in the kitchen. I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteLove - Jess :)