Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful


Ps. 50:14 "Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High"


I been doing the same thing that everyone on the other side of the world has been doing this last week, reflecting on everything that I am thankful for in my life. The list this year for me has expanded from years past. I've never been more thankful for the living word, the ever present help of my Father, and the call that He has placed on my life to make his fame great among this nation! The expanded version also included imported goods, packages, and skype!


Thank you everyone who sent holiday packages to us. We are so appreciative!
We even had a volunteer team carry on a 16 lb. turkey (named Chasity) to complete the holiday dinner. They said they got some pretty funny looks as "she" went through the x-ray machine at the airport.


For our Thanksgiving this year, we traveled up into the mountains to spend it was great friends.


We spent quite a while prepping the meal considering we were using those tiny convection ovens. But we did it! Our menu consisted of : Turkey, ham, fried chicken, casserole city, cranberry sauce, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. It was super yummy.


At one point during the day I even felt like I was back in the states. We were watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!! (technology is really amazing)



Thanksgiving is never complete without football, so we did what any American would do..we found the only flat ground in the whole city and spent the afternoon playing.


Happy Thanksgiving 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment