Tuesday, December 1, 2009

For Such A Time As This...

"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14

"During this hard time in my life, I have have been able to make the more difficult choice out of pure blind-eyed, bent-kneed acceptance that it was somehow part of a greater plan. I am beaten by a conviction that throbbs relentlessly against my strong self-centeredness. As much as my flesh wants relief, I know that when all is said and done, I will sit on that side of glory having much rather fulfilled my calling than served myself all the way to meaninglessness. I have to accept that I am not called to an easy life. I am called to a purposeful life." *

Oh, how this descibes my heart. My heart is constantly waging war with the emotions of longing for family, friends, and the comforts of home and finding joy. peace, and rest in knowing that I have been called to the other side of the world! Sometimes the battle of emotions is day to day. Other times, it's minute to minute.
Today, my heart rests in the confidence that God "determines the times set for us and the exact places that we should live." (Acts 17:26)
For such a time as this!

*Esther. Beth Moore Study

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote. I'll be putting that one on my mirror and remembering to pray for you in your battle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you! And we're SO SO proud of you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such truth!! What a joy to know you are right where you are supposed to be...even when it is difficult!! i love you so much sis and your heart is just the most precious thing!!

    ReplyDelete