After reading my SIL's blog and another blog I follow, I decided that I should post too!
I am a very passionate person. I get very excited, animated, and spirited (all Webster definitions of passionate). There are a lot of ministries that I truly have a passion towards. I just had to narrow it down to one for this blog post.
Her name is Josephine, and she has an incredible testimony. She is a believer who is trusting our Father to provide for her family through her beads. After her husband's death, Josephine was faced with the challenge of providing for her three children, one of which has a physical handicap.
The Father answered her prayers for direction. A woman from the states taught her how to roll beads out of ornate paper. This allows her to work and provide for her family from home.
Joe had the opportunity to meet her and photograph her while at work.
What amazes me is while looking at these photos, you don't see the face of a woman who is anxious. You don't see the face of a woman who is fearful. You don't even see the face of a woman who bears the pressure of the title widow, even though I'm sure she's still grieving her loss.
You look into her eyes and see the joy of the Father. You see the assurance that her husband is with the Father. You see a peace that passes all understanding. You see Hope!
We had the opportunity to take some of Josephine's beads back to the states when we were home from Christmas. We were able to share her story with the Bridge Class. Between the class and others in our fellowship, we were able to bring back more than enough money for an entire month for Josephine's family! Thank you for your love, prayers, and blessings towards this family.
I have added the brief story of the Cross family. This is the story we handed out with every set of beads. If you are interested in helping or would like more information about this ministry please let me know. You can leave a comment or send me an feeblefeet@gmail.com
I am a very passionate person. I get very excited, animated, and spirited (all Webster definitions of passionate). There are a lot of ministries that I truly have a passion towards. I just had to narrow it down to one for this blog post.
Her name is Josephine, and she has an incredible testimony. She is a believer who is trusting our Father to provide for her family through her beads. After her husband's death, Josephine was faced with the challenge of providing for her three children, one of which has a physical handicap.
The Father answered her prayers for direction. A woman from the states taught her how to roll beads out of ornate paper. This allows her to work and provide for her family from home.
Joe had the opportunity to meet her and photograph her while at work.
What amazes me is while looking at these photos, you don't see the face of a woman who is anxious. You don't see the face of a woman who is fearful. You don't even see the face of a woman who bears the pressure of the title widow, even though I'm sure she's still grieving her loss.
You look into her eyes and see the joy of the Father. You see the assurance that her husband is with the Father. You see a peace that passes all understanding. You see Hope!
We had the opportunity to take some of Josephine's beads back to the states when we were home from Christmas. We were able to share her story with the Bridge Class. Between the class and others in our fellowship, we were able to bring back more than enough money for an entire month for Josephine's family! Thank you for your love, prayers, and blessings towards this family.
I have added the brief story of the Cross family. This is the story we handed out with every set of beads. If you are interested in helping or would like more information about this ministry please let me know. You can leave a comment or send me an feeblefeet@gmail.com
Romans 12:12 "Rejoice in our confident hope.... When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality."
Wesley Cross Jewelry
The product in your hand was an initiative to bring a smile and financial security to the family of the late Wesley Cross. Mr. Cross was an Indian man from Delhi who worked for years for World Vision. In the last years of his life, he was diagnosed with diabetes and subsequently became blind and was therefore forced to quit his job. After that, his kidneys failed requiring Wesley to undergo weekly dialysis. As the dialysis became an increasingly greater burden on the already financially strapped family and friends, Wesley decided to discontinue the treatment. He died in May 2009. Wesley is survived by his wife, Josephine, as well as two daughters and one son. The oldest Cross daughter had begun nursing school, but was forced to quit due to finances. In addition, the younger daughter was forced to quit school (12th grade). The son has been bedridden since a childhood illness and requires constant in home attention. Josephine desires to work but cannot leave her home because of her bedridden son. After being trained by a friend, Josephine has undertaken the initiative to make “paper bead” necklaces and bracelets. The Cross family has a basic financial need of about $200 per month. All profits from Wesley Cross Jewelry donations will serve the needs of this family.
No comments:
Post a Comment