We just got back a few hours ago from an amazing trip to one of the holiest cities in India. I really haven't had time to process or reflect on the trip yet. I'm going to need some time before I make a post about it.
So, I decided to blog last weekend.
C and B are coming over weekly for AWANA's. It's been an incredible time to love on these boys, laugh with these boys, and look at truth from the Word together. They earned a pizza party sleepover, which was last weekend.
Within the first hour, B fell face first into the coffee table. I felt terrible. I knew it had to hurt. While I'm trying to make sure he's okay, I asked Joe to get us some ice. We didn't have any ice, but Joe Joe potato came to the rescue with some frozen coffee beans. (He's going to make a great Daddy someday!)
The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful. Just enjoyed some banana banana bread, I made from scratch. And some Wii!
I've been learning a lot about myself this last year. One thing I've learned is that I love to see an end result, as most people do. I came from a job where every day, multiple times a day, I started a project and completed it. I always saw it to completion. (I'm sure my clients with foils in their hair appreciate that fact.) Unlike our work here. The work is never done. And some days it gets discouraging. So, I think this explains why I'm enjoying cooking so much. I get to create it, prepare it, eat it, and clean it up. Completion! woohoo. Feels so good.
Here is one of the latest...I took a couple different recipes, and what was in the fridge to make Mexican Chicken Hummus pizza. This one got added to the list of our favorites!



alright, so usually i am not a "commenter" (is that a word??) but i have to this time. one, i really enjoy your blog, and two, i understand about needing to complete projects!
ReplyDeletehope you guys are doing well....looks like you are!
--da
YUM! that's awesome!! That pizza looks so good!! I'd love to have the recipe! :) Looks like fun :) I love seeing your pics :)
ReplyDelete