Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bites

 So this last week has been a rough on me physically, spiritually, emotionally, and anything else ending in "ly"
 I tend to be the one to bottle up my emotions until I explode. It's really a terrible trait I have, and honestly the Father and I are talking daily about how that can be changed.
 This weeks events:
 It all began on Sunday. I was walking home from working out. There were men working on the sidewalk, so Joe and I were gracefully balancing between the sidewalk, and the heavy flow of traffic coming towards us. That's when it bit me! No it wasn't a roaming dog (even though we have plenty of those) it was a metal post. Thankfully, it didn't rip my pants. Sadly, it did rip my leg! (bite #1 of the week, just incase you are taking notes.)
 Yesterday, I went for a run. It was one of those runs where you feel like you put ankle weights on instead of socks. My legs felt so heavy. I was struggling. Looked down at my ipod, and found that I had only gone a little over a mile. Then I got bit, in the eyeball! Not just, "oh a bug got in my eye" no more like "a bee just stung my eyeball and I can't see a thing!" *over 24 hours later, the eye is red, puffy, and oozing green stuff. (bite #2)



 Today, I decided to wear my super cute Indian shoes that my hubby got me for my birthday. I really thought I planned it out well, because I knew I was going to be sitting in meetings all day long. Got blisters anyway. After applying band-aids to both heels, I made it through the rest of the day. Tonight while doing a devotional with some of my friends, my friend Sun says "Oh what happened to your leg?" I thought she was asking about the first bite of the week. She said, "No, not that. Your shoe bites!"
 Doesn't the Father know just the perfect timing in our "rough" weeks to provide laughter?! Who knew that blisters on your heels from new shoes are called "shoe bites"

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! That sounds crazy!! I hate rough weeks (I've had one myself)... That's crazy about your eye! poor thing! I know some really good eye docs here if you need one :) (I used to have a crazy eye problem) :) I'm sorry :( Glad you got some laughs out of it too :)

    ReplyDelete