Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shannon's Sauce

So, I don't think many would believe me when I say that I've really loved cooking from scratch. Before coming to South Asia, I couldn't even make a frozen pizza turn out right. (note: take cardboard off before baking. If not properly removed pizza with take on a taco shape and just burn!)
But really, I've loved cooking! I've mastered homemade chicken pot pie, any kind of muffin, granola, hummus, and now I'm adding apple sauce to that list.
Thought you might enjoy the recipe. It's passed on from my friend Shannon.
Shannon's Sauce
3-4 lg apples; peeled, cored, chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar (used splenda instead)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork.

Hope you enjoy it!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly impressed with your newly acquired cooking skills! I'm also laughing about the frozen pizza-I hadn't heard that story! This recipe looks good-I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete