Thursday, June 3, 2010

As I Type

This is too good not to blog.
As I'm typing my handy man hubby is wearing the hat of an electrician.

Hold on a sec. I've gotta go pull on some cord.

Okay... I'm back now.

Anyway... this marks two times in two weeks that our ac in our bedroom has blown sparks. The first time Joe thought it was because a wire wasn't grounded. (I'm not even really sure what that means, but I'll go with it)

This time however, "we're" not sure of the culprit for these sparks.

Joe's comments and commentary are priceless though!
As something falls, I hear "Oops! Gonna need that." "Oh....and that one too!"
or
"This can't be good" under his breath
or
"You might not want to put that camera away yet because you're gonna want a picture of this when it's done."

but my favorite of all came from the sight of this...
"I'm no electrician, but I did go to kindergarten. Who knows, maybe the colors aren't supposed to line up."

Thankfully we are wide awake because of the coke we drank with dinner. There is a "cool" breeze flowing into our bedroom as the problem is getting fixed. And we're both still in good spirits about it.

Might just have ourselves an ac working by day break.

oh dear... just heard "I'm about to get a little crazy with this"
scratch the whole ac by dawn sentence.

5 comments:

  1. HAHA! I can totally hear Joe saying all those things-literally, in my head I can hear the inflection, tone...everything! My brother...I REALLY hope you guys can get that AC up and running. I can't even imagine how hot you are without it because I know it's still pretty hot when it's working. Don't get electrocuted in the process-totally not worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!!! Love it. They say everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten; hope Joe's kindergarten education helps get the AC working soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny!! Love these little stories that make me feel like I am right there watching the whole thing unfold!

    ReplyDelete