Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dream

Have you ever had those dreams that seem so real that you can't remember if it really happened or not?
Or how about the dream that you don't remember until sometime later in the day after something prompts you to remember?

I have had both recently.

First I dreamt about what it was going to be like to move back to America. (Maybe this is due in part to the fact that we got our "end of term" date. Or maybe because we are facing the infamous "What's next?") It was pretty funny though because, in my dream, I was on a girls trip with Mom and Beth. They had to spend the whole weekend teaching me how to drive a car again. Teach me how walk past people on the right side instead of the left, basically how to live life in America again.
I woke up, not only surprised that I was in my bed in India and not in America, but also thinking to myself that this is probably very true to what it's going to be like next year.

Second dream: I was standing in my Mommy's living room talking to her while she was ironing. Everything she was ironing was immediately pressed as soon as she sat the iron on it. My jaw dropped in amazement. Then, right as I was asking her the secret to it, she reaches and grabs the vegetable oil and fills the iron. Vegetable oil?! My mom convinced me that she had always used it and I must have just forgot it in the last couple years.

Funny thing about the second dream was that I didn't remember it until later that afternoon when I went to iron our table cloth that looked like an accordion. As I grabbed the water to fill the iron, I immediately started second guessing myself, thinking that I needed vegetable oil instead.

1 comment: