Saturday, October 9, 2010

Here is What's Been Brewing


In our hometown, we could easily surround ourselves with fellow Followers. I know that the percentage of Believers in our hometown is not 100%, but it was very easy for me to fool myself into thinking that.  I could comfortably surround myself with Believers whenever I wanted.  Looking back, I can see that this lead me to taking for granted the benefits and encouragement found in the Body.

Here on this side of the globe, in the mega-city we call home, the percentages aren't quite as high and it's a little harder to fill our circles with Believers.  If we really tried, we could go days or weeks without laying eyes on another person who believes the message that God's Son is the true way to salvation.


This makes the friendships we do have with local Followers so sweet and special. The other night we were able to get together in a local coffee shop for a time of worship. At one point, there were Indian, Korean, and Nigerian believers all belting out God of This City. While they were singing I quietly sat and thanked God for the glimpse of what Glory will be like someday. I get oh so excited just thinking about it!


With all of this is mind, here are some things I've learned in the last 18 months: Never take for granted the time you have with your brothers and sisters in faith. Never take for granted the opportunities for corporate worship. And never pass up an opportunity to share the best part of your life with those that haven't heard.

We truly can't wait to see you all in few months. It will be so sweet to spend time catching up on the last couple of years. More than that, it will be sweet to worship with our Faith Family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment