Friday, December 10, 2010

Feeling a Little Lighter

It all started over a cup of Jo last February, little did we know what we were getting ourselves into.

Joe and I assumed responsibility for organizing and facilitating a retreat for over 80 people. What were we thinking?! This isn't just "get some notes from years past and modify." This was start from sratch IN INDIA (meaning way more time consuming and stressful than if pulled off in the states) Point of the story: We definitely should have prayed about it more before we quickly agreed to the task.


But thankfully my Hubby has had experience with organzing events before and made a great coworker on this endeavor.

I'm so pleased to say that the retreat was a success (in our eyes.) We set the the expectation level pretty low, but it definitely surpassed it! And it seems like everyone really enjoyed it :)


We were so blessed to have a group from America come and be with us. They provided amazing child care for the 30+ kiddos we had, incredible time of worship through music, and a short devotion every morning.

First s'more in.... way too long!

 We also had fun team building games, including a field day. I couldn't participate much since I've got a bun in the oven, but Joe and I did win the balloon toss :) Plus I provided a few extra points for the team by doing a hand stand for a photo scavenger hunt. (wasn't the smartest Mommy move on my part, but thankfully baby Futt is still movin' and groovin' in the womb)


All in all it was a wonderful Thanksgiving week...even if we did have fish with eye balls and chowmein noodles for Thanksgiving dinner. hehe

The Dilli Pickles were the winners!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! Awesome! You guys did an awesome job!

    I love the last picture - fun!

    ReplyDelete