Jan. 26th of last year, I was clinging to the promise out of Joshua "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." And a year later, I can give testimony to the fact that my God has been with us every step of the way. He's allowed us to see his hand at work in our own lives and the lives of our friends here in India. He's been close on the hard days when I just didn't think I could sweat anymore and it seemed like I couldn't make friends. He's been close on the birthday, birth of a sweet nephew, and holidays away from family. He's been ever present and real every step of the way.
Jan. 26, 2010 (today), I'm claiming the promises from Galations "But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." I can hardly wait to see what this next year brings as we strive daily to abide in the Spirit.
Just wanted to share our first year through pictures....
FPO training- January to April
April- Finding out... it's a boy! Carson Jack
Even timed it perfectlt for our good friends little arrival, Jax.
Easter- First week in India (jet lag)
April- Hardiwar Trip
May and June
Mussoorie- 6 weeks of language school
May- Floating trip on the Ganges- lost wedding band
June- Day of Delhi tour
July- meetings and vacation in Thailand
the blessings of packages!!! you can't even imagine...
September- Varanasi Trip
October- Creative "Pumpkin" Carving
November- Mumbai Trip
November- BGCH Trip
Thanksgiving 2009- Shimla
No Thanksgiving is complete without a little football!
December- First trip to see the Taj
December- Gingerbread House Making Contest
December to January- SURPRISE Trip home for the holidays
Joe and Owen, our sweet 2 yr old nephew
Auntie Ams, ChaCha Joe, and Carson Jack
CJ is our nephew who is almost 6 months old now!!!
*I have an incredible video that my little brother helped me put together of our families reactions to our big surprise on Facebook. I'm still trying to figure out how to upload a video to blogger when you don't have the movie icon. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon so I can share it on here. It's pretty priceless!
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you."
No comments:
Post a Comment