Saturday, January 30, 2010

Same Same, Only Different

One of the phrases our friends here in SA love to use is "Same Same".
Example: You like latte?
                Here, you have americano. Same, same.
As you can see, most of the time their little "same, same" is not! So Joe and I have adopted the saying "Same, same... only different"
Today was one of those times when the saying fits well!
I've had a house helper who comes and cleans our floors for us. It's wonderful having her help. Our marble floors get so dusty and dirty so quickly! She usually comes 3 times per week.
Well, since the whole trip back to America, we haven't seen our house help. Who knows? I have tried going by her house and calling, but I haven't heard anything.
Today I had a group of girls coming over for truth meeting and I knew we'd be sitting on the floor, so I had to get them clean. I swept and mopped the floors. Same, Same... only different! Our broom can only be used in a squatting position, and we don't own a western mop. Our mop is just a rag. So needless to say, I got a good workout!
Joe decided to get in on the fun as well. This is my hubby (yes, his hair is getting very long) helping me dry the floors. (While some of our family members are playing in the snow, we are twirling in the living room on towels... too funny!)


This is my hubby's nervous face as he sadly watched his beloved Vikings get beat. He watched the fourth quarter over skype with his sister, Katy, while I made breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. I can just hear you saying "same, same!"

    Sorry about the vikings' loss, we so hoped they would win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same Same ... but Different :) I said that today :) haha!
    Sorry Joe... GEAUX SAINTS!

    ReplyDelete