Monday, April 5, 2010

He has Risen!



Matthew 28:6 "He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen."

We had a wonderful weekend with our friends.
On Saturday, 15 of us colored Easter eggs. I was expecting around 5 so I didn't quite have as many eggs as I was hoping to have available, but they were more than excited when I told them they could color 2 eggs. They were thinking they'd only get to have one. Joe and I were the only ones who had ever done this fun little project before, so our friends asked for a demonstration.


Joe showed them how to color the eggs, and then, with confidence, they all began coloring the eggs. They were done in a matter of seconds and they all looked very similar to Joe's egg. Maybe next time we should show them a variety before they begin coloring.


Oh well, they still loved it. I had made some sugar cookies too so we had fun decorating them. (Minus the fact that I forgot the ingredients for the icing. oops!)


Sunday was a beautiful, warm day! The perfect day for us to gather with other believers and celebrate our Savior's resurrection. We spent time singing, praying, and reflecting on the true meaning of Easter. It brought a huge smile to my face when our friends began sharing how the cross made all the difference for them. The cross and the resurrection has set our Father apart from any other.

(Easter 2009)
We also had a fun time reflecting on last years Easter. Our first holiday to celebrate in this country.  This Wednesday we will be celebrating our 1 year in country!

(2010)
I think we've started an Easter tradition of shaving Joe's hair off. 

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. The eggs look great! Makes me laugh they were all replicas of Joe's egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I don't think I've ever colored Easter eggs...maybe next year! And I love the picture at the end!

    ReplyDelete