Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Refresh


After a week of test proctoring two sweet 1st grade girls and 15 rowdy boys (poor Joe), We are back home. When I say home, I mean our beautifully colorful flat in this very colorful country. This is not to be confused with the place in the States that will always be home, even if we don't have a house there.... I mean really, doesn't that count for something that our permanent mailing address is listed for somewhere in Arkansas?)

Our prayer, during our time in Goa, was to be refreshed, relaxed, and rested. The air conditioned hotel room and the beach both helped with the refreshing part of that prayer. The relaxing part came during the weekend, after the official meetings were over. And the rested part came with a smile every morning that I didn't have to get up at 5:30 and turn on the water pump to get our daily supply. The Father really did answer our prayers!

Good "vacations" always make it hard to get back in the swing of the day-to-day life! It seems like any time we are encouraged we take two steps forward the enemy tries to steal our joy and we end up taking a step back. It's so frustrating that our joy can be taken so easily! Whether it's by the lack of electricity periodically throughout the day, the refrigerator going out, the repair man not coming, the unreturned text messages and phone calls to new friends, etc. It all just zaps my joy!

But we are determined that our Father is faithful and sovereign, and that somehow even in what may feel like "joyless" days... the Father can receive glory! If for no other reason than to get us on our knees and to get us begging for "less of me and more of you, Lord!"


"The Lord says, ' I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

"...God has made everything beautiful for its own time." Ecc. 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment