(my birthday cake)
I'm a quarter of a century now! I remember when I was younger thinking 25 year-olds were so old. Now they are seem so young and cool. Funny how your perspective can change over time. :)
Let me rewind for a second before I start talking all about this birthday.
I've always loved birthdays. Love them! I have some of the best memories from my birthday parties. I remember going to the theater to watch Lion King on my 8th and having a 30+ girls sleep over for my 13th. All good times!
Last year was different. In fact, I caught myself dreading my birthday for numerous reasons. It wasn't going to be normal. It wasn't going to be celebrated with family, friends and cookie cakes. It wasn't going to be special... Oh, but it was! It was great. It was special. It was filled with skype calls, blueberry muffins, painting pottery, and dinner with friends.
Fast forward back to this year. The big 25.
This year's festivities all started on the 28th with some friends coming to our house to celebrate. We had brownies, cookies, velveeta cheese dip, and they even brought gifts [which were so unexpected - Thanks so much].At midnight I got birthday wishes from my sister, bro-in-law, little nephew, and some sweet friends.
Before getting out of bed on my birthday morning, Joe surprised me with some gifts he had been hoarding. He said, "wait, I think I have something for you," so he reached into his drawer and pulled out a card from my grandparents. I loved it! And while we were sitting there talking about family and the plans for the day, again he said "wait, I think I have something for you" and pulled out another card. And another. And another. And another. In all I had 10 cards waiting for me from my friends and family in the States. It was a perfect way to start my second Indian birthday.
More phone calls, text messages, and birthday wishes came all morning long, while Joe and I made plans for the day. I even had the opportunity to talk to another sweet friend from the States who I hadn't gotten to talk to since Christmas.
(Don't my eyes look better? No more pink eye!)
My favorites from the Hilton Escape:
- the endless ac
- the surprise complimentary birthday cake from the hotel staff
- the swimming pool all to ourselves
- tv, which was a fun treat
- no dogs barking or horns blowing
- dark curtains to hide the 5 am sunrise
- instant hot showers minus the smell of boiling chicken
- and the amazing cloud-like bed
Another one of the perks of the Hilton, is that it is attached to one of the many mega-malls in the city. So, we were able enjoy dinner at Hard Rock (first bite of beef since Christmas) and a movie.
I am so thankful for my hubby, family, and friends who all made my 2nd Indian birthday special.
We are looking forward to everything God has in store for this next year of my life. It's going to be another year of transitions and changes, but I love knowing that our Father is in control.






You are so cute on your birthday. I'm so glad it was such a good one! I love this post for so many reasons. :)
ReplyDelete25 is special! I remember I told myself that I wanted to be married by 25.... and I did... just by a few weeks... I got married Aug. 28th and turned 26 on Sept. 6th! Barely made it... ha!
ReplyDeleteLove u!
Yay!!! A special day for a special girl!!!
ReplyDeleteyay!!! What a fun birthday!! whoo hoo!! Awesome :) You ROCK!
ReplyDelete