So after some much needed sleep, I'm rested and ready to update!
This is one of my 13 week photos taken while I was singing "my hips don't lie"
Thank you Lydia for my birthday shirt!
Our little one is the size of a peach this week. Little fingerprints are already forming. Vital organs are starting to function. It's just really amazing how detailed God is with His creations! We've enjoyed praying specifically for what is forming each week.
This week has really been a turning point for my nausea. Praise the Lord! I still get a little sickly when I'm hungry, but other than that I feel great. Along those same lines, I'm so thankful for my friend Lindsey, who sent me some vitamins that don't make me spew. They are of the Flintstone variety...
I'm still so sleepy, but I can't tell if it's pregnancy related or just that I've always been a girl who requires sleep. Either way, I'm very thankful that I've been able to adjust my schedule and fit in a nap-time.
Well, I learned how to make fried chicken last week... oops. As far as cravings go, I am now pretty much addicted. So far, we've had chicken parmigiana (thank you Pioneer Woman) and fried chicken sandwiches with fresh pineapple slices on homemade sesame-seed buns. Look out Chick-Fil-A, we just might have to go into business. yummy!!
We have already made 3 visits to the doctor (all planned). Even still, I'm so looking forward to my next appointment. Why? Because we'll have special guests with us. My sis (Dr. Walker) and bro-in-law are coming to visit! It's been 9 months since I've hugged my sis's neck and I'm having such a hard time believing I'll get to do it next week!!!!!
Also, many people have been asking us about when we'll find out the sex of our little "padfoot", as he's been named. Well, here in India it's against the law to find out the sex of your baby. So, it looks like we'll be waiting till we get back to the States, just after the first of the year.
This is on the door to the ultrasound room. See... I told ya.
You may be asking yourself "Why would they find out that late in the game? Why not just be surprised?"
This I can answer. I love surprises (remember our Christmas 2009 surprise?!) I love everything about surprises. Unfortunately at this point, I feel like we have enough surprises/unknowns in our future. Any more surprises might just push me over the emotional pregnant edge.
Please be praying for direction as we begin our transition back to the States. We are still a few months out, but are needing to start preparing resumes and all that fun stuff. Pray that God would lead us to where we are supposed to live, job opportunities, ministry opportunities, etc. Pray that God would continue to grant us peace [that passes all of our understanding] as we trust Him with all the unknowns.



yay! Great post!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, why is it against the law to find out the sex of the baby??? Just wondering!
ReplyDeleteLove the shirt- so hot! ;)
COngrats! I read a blog by an AR lady that is just amazing. kellyskorner.com She's also 13 weeks along and just said her baby is the size of a peach!
ReplyDeleteAmberly!!! How did I never know YOU had your own blog?! Silly me. You make me laugh...a lot! I'm so pumped for ya'll! I can't wait to hear/see all about your little cutie! Keep updating in your own fun way...I'll be back fo sho.
ReplyDeleteEm