Sunday, January 31, 2010

Did I really...?

I just closed the book, looked up at my husband, and asked, " Did I really just read this cookbook cover to cover?"
And the answer to that question is yes!
My Mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and myself all got The Pioneer Woman's cookbook at Christmas this year. I have heard a little about the PW, but hadn't really ever looked at her site or anything (www.thepioneerwoman.com) until now.
She is hilarious. Her recipes look good. And she even takes pictures of every step of the process, for the visual learners like me!
I wont be able to cook half of the recipes while I'm here in India, but you better believe I've started a list of some to try. The Egg-in-a-hole and cobbler are up there on the list, for sure.


Most of my day-in day-out work here in India seems endless unlike my previous job at the salon, where I started and completed 15 projects a day. I know that has to be reassuring to my clients. No one wants to leave the salon with foils still in their hair, I'm sure! Anyways, I've learned to cook while living here, and love it. It's definitely more time consuming and frustrating (our convection oven isn't even big enough for a 9x13 dish). But I love seeing it to completion. I love impressing my husband. And I even enjoy the cleaning the dishes, if you can imagine that!

Thank you for the Christmas present, Mrs. Margaret!


*Just call us eager beaver.... we already tried the Egg-in-a-hole for dinner tonight. I think we may have started something here. We are thinking this will be a meal our kids will really like some day because it's so fun. Note: We didn't have a round cookie cutter, so we used a star. I think I like it better.
ingredients
finished product

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the cookbook! I agree, she is so funny! Can't wait to hear more about your cooking adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love P-dub!
    My kids are both fans of egg-in-a-hole so I'm sure yours will be someday too.
    Have you read her love story? Black Heels to Tractor Wheels? it's a must :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum :) My mom used to call it "Toad in a Hole" :)
    I love PW! I've made so many of her recipes! She rocks! I too love all the pictures :) Next time I'm at your place I want to see your cookbook :) I've been wanting to order it :)

    ReplyDelete