I think I speak for all the family when I say that the goodbyes on April 6, 2009 will never be forgotten. The emotions of excitement for what was to come, the sadness of the goodbyes, and the fear of the unknowns were overwhelming. I'll never forget that feeling of sitting on the plane in Little Rock, thinking that I wouldn't see home or family for another 22 months! (As you know, my tears and fears at that moment were relieved by a surprise trip home for the holidays.) The only way we made it through those initial hard days were because of the grace of our Father! He was so close and so real with His promises of a hope and a future. We even did it with smiles on our faces!
(not to bad after 24+ hours of traveling)
*He has been faithful to provide direction.
*He has been faithful to provide friends, old and new.
*He has been faithful to provide good health.
*He has been faithful to provide a love that continues to grow for my husband, even when we are together 24/7. I just can't get tired of my man, amazing isn't it?!
*He has been faithful to his promises of Habakkuk 1:5
"The Lord replied, "Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it."
Happy 1 year to all our friends who have embarked on this adventure with us!
Oh and I have to add this funny example of the cultural difference we experience daily.
I asked our friends that dyed Easter eggs with us what they did with them later. They were quick to tell me that they had made the best egg curry!
What did we make out of our Easter eggs? Egg salad sandwiches. hehehe. It made me laugh. We love Indian food, but I just haven't mastered it in the kitchen yet. So you gotta love the ole faithful of American egg salad sandwiches.



I can't believe it's been a year! Well...maybe I can! I am still beyond proud of both of you for all yall do!
ReplyDeleteHe is SO faithful!!!! I am overwhelmed with gratitude at how He has been with all of us this year! I still miss you every single day, but I am so joyful to know that you walking in absolutely obedience and the Father is taking care of all our needs! Happy anniversary! I love you!
ReplyDelete