(picture taken in Mussoorie this time last year)
First: God's desire and command to mankind has been "Be fruitful and multiply" from the beginning of time. Sure He was talking about physically multiplying (there are approximately 7 billion people in the world today. I think we understood this part of the command!) But He was also talking about spiritually multiplication. Multiplying men and women who "get it", understanding that our purpose is to bring the Father glory.
Second: I read the following in Psalms this morning:
"How joyful are those who fear the Lord-all who follow his ways! You will enjoy the fruit of your labor. How joyful and prosperous you will be!" Psalm 128:1,2
Amen!!! Reading these verses made me smile. What a promise! I'm claiming it today over our time here in India especially.
Third: We bought and are enjoying 4 lbs of mangos, 2 lbs of peaches, 13 lbs. of cantaloupe , and a lb litchi! (bought them all for less than $4) These yummy fruits are what help make the 115+ degree days bearable. We are thankful for the variety right now. Just like last year though, I'm afraid my skin is going to start turning orange from all the mangos. hehe It's worth it though.
I had Joe take some pictures of our litchi. I've got to find a way to take all this yummy goodness back to America with me someday.
(Litchi, to me, taste like a cross between peeled grapes and grapefruit)
(this is the meat and the seed of the fruit)
Praying that the fruit of the Spirit will be evident in my life.
"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22
No comments:
Post a Comment