Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And So It Begins...

Our family (Dad, Mom, and B) arrived right on time at 8:30pm, Tuesday July 13th, after over 30 hours in transit with every piece of luggage and smiles on their faces :) Maybe a few tears too! 

They've been here for just a little over 24 hours and I still keep thinking someone needs to pinch me. But it's true... they really are here in my home!!


I don't know how well I will do with keeping this updated, but I know so many people have been excited for us and praying for this special time so I'm going to try to update a little as we go.

Joe and I were completely overwhelmed by the love that was sent our way yesterday. You know... I might actually make it to see January 2011 now! We had so many letters and pictures from family, friends, and family friends. I even got to open up my birthday presents a month early :)

Thank you Gracen and family!!!!

My sweet cousin, Gracen, coordinated a package for us from so many of our family friends and relatives. She filled it full of some of our favorite things including: beautiful artwork, mac and cheese, poppy seeds, and everything else you can imagine. I really think I'm old fashioned when I say it, but I absolutely LOVE hand written cards. Seeing the handwriting and physically hold the letter.... it's just the best!

Needless to say, I'm on a cloud right now. I've never felt more loved than I do right now.... My cup is truly overflowing.


TODAY'S AGENDA:
Shopping for Mom's new Indian wear.
Lunch at Cafe Turtle (one of our favorite spots)
Joe's Chana Salad

Dessert at Cocoberry. Had to start their vacation off right.

Pooja (Indian style worship) and Dinner with fellow workers and team.
Lots of much needed hugs and laughter!!!

Tomorrow's plans:
Taj Mahal

I'm going to bed with a happy heart and a full house :)



4 comments:

  1. I am SO HAPPY the family arrived on time and with all their luggage-praises to the Father! Enjoy every second together! Love you guys like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! How fun! Look at all that stuff too!!! haha! crazy! I'm glad they're here! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you, Have a wonderful time with your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! We are so excited for you guys, our hearts are happy knowing that you are having a very special time with family. We have already been praying for this time to be blessed and all that it needs to be. Hooray for fun memories being made that will last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete