Joe and I have been looking forward to our "American" day at the Embassy since last year when we missed out on the festivities. So it was no surprise that I woke up early and began humming patriotic songs. hehe... I tried to let my husband sleep, but it just wasn't happening. I was too excited!
The party was supposed to begin at 6:30 pm, and our plan was to be very American like with our timing and be there at 6:30. Oops! I had a little trouble with the map and we ended up going pretty much completely around the city before getting to the Embassy, so we were a little late.
But we made it just in time for pulled pork bbq!!! It was such a treat. Oh how I've missed American style BBQ.
We had a great time hang out with our friends and eating American treats. There was even a small fireworks show for us, but nobody cheered for them like they do in Arkansas. I thought everyone cheered while the fireworks went off and commented on every one of them. Nope. Just me :) haha
Our evening ended sooner than expected when the monsoon rains decide to join the party. We really weren't that disappointed though because the rain felt awesome! Such relief from the heat.
So we drove home with huge smiles on our faces because we were wet from the rain, full from the BBQ, and proud to be American!
No comments:
Post a Comment