Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Double Roti

Less than 5 days after our family left, we found ourselves holding a sign waiting to welcome yet another guest from our hometown. As ashamed as I am to admit it, the sign I was holding was a homemade, back of a receipt, written while waiting, kind of sign... But with or without a fancy sign, we found our guest. (side note: it's not THAT difficult to find each other. We kind of stick out. Let's just say I think it has something to do with the pale skin.)

Bread, or "Double Roti" as we like to call him in India, is 13 days into his travels here and seems to be loving life. He's done awesome getting over jet lag, eating crazy foods, meeting new national friends, and even adapting (maybe a little too well...haha) to the display of friendship.

Before I show you what I mean when I say "display of friendship", I should first state that I myself witnessed none of these encounters personally, but my hubby however was the one who caught it all on the camera.

Secondly I should state that national guys ALWAYS hold hands. It really is just a sign of a true friendship. You should ask my husband about the first time a guy interlocked fingers with him. Pretty funny stuff.

Anyway.
Bread doing what Indian men do best....




I'll be anxious to see if he takes this one back to the states with him. Knowing him... He probably will!

On a more serious note....
We've loved having him here, especially my hubby! His fresh eyes for the city and the people are encouraging. Joe's had the opportunity to give him the glimpses into our lives and time here that we just can't give through the blog or photos. They've visited temples, mosques, and guruwara, and a lot of the college campuses. Speaking of college campuses, Bread is getting college credit for his trip here!
At the entrance to one of the local temples

Right now "the boys" , as I like to refer to them as, are on their way via train to a holy city for a few days. I'll be anxious to have them home and to see all the crazy pictures from this little adventure!

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds." 
Hebrews 10:24

1 comment:

  1. haha! Awesome :) Adam will be proud that he made your blog :)
    Fun pics!
    You ROCK Bread!

    ReplyDelete