Our beach.
It all started last year when my family began planning their trip to India. As they were planning, Mom and Dad began talking about taking a little mini vacation to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary. I started doing some research for them about different locations for their little getaway, but they decided to skip that part of the trip and stay with us the whole time since our time together was limited.
Fast forward to May of this year. Joe and I had spent some time in conversation and felt like a getaway from this land we've learned to love was in order.
So I called the family and said," The Futt's are going on a short vacation and we are deciding when to go. You can come with us, or we'll go after you leave. Either way, the Futt's are getting out for a short time."
After much convincing (haha) the family decided we'd use the time in Thailand as a celebration for Mom and Dad's anniversary, Brant's beginning of his senior year of High School, and the Futt's sanity.
One of the islands we stopped at while snorkeling.
The trip couldn't have started any better. Somehow all of us got bumped to BUSINESS CLASS on the airplane. (I've never done that before!) It was amazing! On our four and half hour flight we had 25 movies to chose from, a reclining chair with foot rest, and a legit quilt. We took pictures of it, but they are on Brant's iPhone so I can't post it. darn.
We had a short layover in Bangkok. I didn't mind though..... First taste of beef in over 6 months.
During our 5 night stay in Phuket, we...
rested. relaxed. laughed our heads off. rode scooties. drank starbucks. ate mango sticky rice. played mini golf. saw the Big Budda. fell in love with pineapple shakes. ate banana roti. snorkeled. acquired crazy "tan" lines. took pictures. played games. ate tons of Thai food. laughed. took showers with amazing water pressure. endless ac. etc......
Big Budda
Banana Roti
Mango Sticky Rice
Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!
The Futt's enjoying our little get-a-way!
Brant in his element.
It was a much needed relaxing vacation for all, and I think we'd all agree it was a success! Did I mention we laughed a lot?!









Simply Perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Fun post! I love your suit :) Looks like lots of fun - great pictures too!!
ReplyDelete