Psalm 29:4 "The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic."
Has the Lord ever allowed you to go back to a particular place to show you His majesty?
I had that experience while my family was here. We took them to the mountains to the same place we studied language, just weeks after arriving to this country. I was excited to take them back to the place we grew to love in the six weeks we lived there, but I had no clue what the Father had in store for it.
Sure I enjoyed introducing them to and having chai with our teacher, feasting on homemade chocolates and chocolate chip pancakes, and walking the ever beautiful Camel Back road with them, BUT the best part was reflecting on the Father's greatness over the last year and a half.
When I was up in the mountains last year, I was.... timid, fearful, overwhelmed, over emotional, stressed, excited, second guessing, homesick etc. I was all over the place with my emotions. Questions like "What in the world am I getting myself into?" ran through my head multiple times a day.
I knew that I was called to be here so I just was clinging to the promises that I knew were true... Like 1 Thess. 5 24 "The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."
and
Psalm 126: 5-6 "Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest."
This time in the mountains I felt like a completely different person. Sure my hair might be shorter and I may be wearing different clothes, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a change that only the Father could do in my heart. He's turned all my second guessing and questions into confidence and answers. The Father has proven himself in my life. He's introduced me to a culture and people that I love. He's proven that I can still know my sweet nephew and niece, that have both been born since we've been gone. He's proven that He alone is worthy of my worship and praise and he's turning those tears into shouts of joy! God is so good!!!!
Here are a few photos from our time in Mussoorie with the family:
***Disclaimer: my husband went on this trip. We did take some great pictures together, but unfortunately they are all on B's camera in the states. Kind of a problem.
The city.
A beautiful walk on Camel Back Road
"Ummm guys, I think I've got some new friends following me!!"
After being so sick, we finally had Daddy well!
Our view on Camel Back Rd.
How I introduce B all the time "This is my twin separated by 7 year."
haha
Joe took this one before heading out for an early breakfast with an old friend, Mo. It reminds me of just how relaxing the mountains really are. (Not necessarily those beds, but the rain on the tin roof)
"Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?"
Ex. 15:11
Awesome! Great pics too!!!
ReplyDeleteLove those pics. So glad the fam got to come see it all first hand and love on you a bit!
ReplyDelete